THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
 photo 037ee7a4-d708-43f2-adb2-41b8de8629db_zpsd9a07806.jpg

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Save Your Beef

steak seasoned
well done fajitas with fresh onions
small bits of muenster with a slight melt
topped with:
cherry tomatoes
baby spinach
sunflower sprouts
a hint of love...
a.k.a. chile powder from a sweetheart
... 'never overdo the sour cream',
it is said in Hispanic and Latino households...
everything
each day
is more
, more
, and more scarce
by the hour
minute
and second!
...
No one is perfect
toe-may-toe
toh-mah-toh
puh-tay-toe
pah-tah-toh
.. don't call anything off
if you didn't dot an 'i',
didn't cross a 't'
the latest generations
won't ever have to stress over that
when they wave their hands over screens
to find
cures for cancers
ways to save the planets
and teach the right battles
to obtain world peace...
...
money never really existed...
we push to obtain digital credits
to keep roofs over our heads...
let's build some more communes.
...
the corn taco shells holding my food
were given to me by a roommate as I moved into the house
zucchini and sprouts were a surprise
someone else's surplus
no one wanted to see any of it
go to waste.
organic baby spinach came with a 50-cent discount
no one wants to carry heavy coins
sour cream is a dollar less in a tube
hangin' on to old plastic buckets means
you may be hoarding too many
chile powder was quickly exchanged
for the bracelet I gave
to the person I love...
The bracelet says H-U-G-S.
Hugs are always free at the Hippy Shack
They're always free if you run into me...
Still much cheese left,
as my lover and I had made lasagna with it
the other day.
cherry tomatoes,
in three large cups
and so many beautiful
and deliciously growing onions
and buds
they had filled my bags
at the last, of the last
food distributions
we're still looking for
a non-profit sponsor...
we,
the people of the community
wait three entire hours
sometimes at the very least
to fill up
our fridges and cupboards
of someone else's surplus...
no one wants to throw it away...
but...
however...
and shamefully...
someone wanted to throw away
a half-pound steak
restaurant left overs
... I don't buy beef,
for I am fed up
with having known for decades
that not all cattle are treated well...
cut into it and read the muscles' nerves...
still,
I asked for the box.
It was placed in my hands.
And even though four full tacos
filled with all kinds of food
that others didn't want to see go to waste,
have become both lunch and supper.
Today, I just couldn't
make it to the farm gig.
My co-worker's truck broke down.
so we lose a three-hour wage for the week.
but we gain much by communicating solutions
as to how we can save ourselves
and not go to waste.
      -----
- Chevalterre Nabil Sept 2015

     -    
........... You are welcome to continue by viewing this video:


Wisdom...
Posted by Gumbi Ortiz on Saturday, September 12, 2015

0 comments: