THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
 photo 037ee7a4-d708-43f2-adb2-41b8de8629db_zpsd9a07806.jpg

Monday, May 31, 2010

"The Saving Grace of Protest"

by Chevalterre Nabil
written in 30 minutes
Labor Day 2010
==========
Say it loud
Sait it proud
---
Say it clear
and stay near
---
As you express
and protest
---
the truth
must be confessed
---
there's much love
to be professed
---
Silence isn't gold
All the words
which within you hold
---
Begin to rot
and form to mold
---
For when you're a coward
not at all witty
nor bold
---
Your internal mulch
beginning to seep
and protrude
makes you explode!
---
Those rancid holes
you tend to
and harness
---
You cannot
push me into it
---
As my friends' love
sets me free
---
Their words
of kindness and concern
protest your wicked enchantment
with glee
---
Oh, my beloveds!
for thee
I reach!
---
And say
Thank you!
---
for the shield
formed by
your protesting words
---
And when
I remembered myself
---
and my yearning
for happiness
and freedom
---
which the hating witch
allowed me
so seldom...
---
I embraced the shield
and it broke me free...
---
The witche's enchantment
was one of loathing
and disgust.
---
I'd felt compassion
for him
... we each thought
rescuing each other
was a must
---
But with time
He did drain me
---
So blind I became
I could not seek
---
to pull myself
out of the emotional dungeon
---
and he'd maintained
me there
---
naked and bare
Lustful his glare
---
He'd provided
so long as I begged
---
I'd yearned for
warm touches
---
not cold, boring
tongue lashings
in the bed.
---
Then he'd let me wander
dazed... astray
---
I'd asked...
Why can I not find
my way?
---
Oh, come and see me
for one day.
---
And he said...
No.
That it was
not in his plans...
---
and clearly
not in his heart
---
I reached for my shield
and pushed us apart.
---
Now I am back
healthy, serene.
---
and again, my friend,
Thanks for saying
just what you mean.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I've written poetry since I was 12 & this one is pretty powerful. You're a very talented lady & I almost feel ashamed not knowing that (beforehand) about you.