THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
 photo 037ee7a4-d708-43f2-adb2-41b8de8629db_zpsd9a07806.jpg

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Picnic Anecdote

Dedicated to my friend Rachel - Whom I'd met in 1989
And yes Rachel - I too always remember when we were little girls in 5th grade.


"Picnic Anecdote"
Chevalterre Nabil - 19 June 2010

Life...

being such a picnic

All these ants
of different kinds:
green
red
blue
white!
even Brown...

they line up
trailing

encircling
the food

to take it.

I lean in to talk to them
'Friends,
That is my food
I need it'

Some will unite and take chunks out
with all their force
and run away

Some hide pinches
and sneak off
without making a sound

the others move on
to the next cloth
in the park

I can be brighter
and snatch my sandwich away
and then
I don't miss out...

on the flavors
textures on my taste buds
swallowing richness
and feeling nourished.

Otherwise
settling for junk food
makes me run over to the roach coach

then I have lost much more
and gained little.

and those sort of efforts
and lack of effort
do lead to:
weakness
illness

In realizing this:
My body begins to change
morphing...

to one of an ant
I am the queen ant

I rise
and reach out to my troops
get it together

I lead well
as we work as a team

We get just the needed food

avoiding surplus supplies
prevents potential poisoning

With enough supplies
and proper care
we grow stronger.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. That was really good. After the kind of days, weeks, months I've had that was rather uplifting. Thank you. :)