THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
 photo 037ee7a4-d708-43f2-adb2-41b8de8629db_zpsd9a07806.jpg

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pear Coccoon

Pretty

Pretty

Pretty Pear

your body so lovely
your shape is rare

a shade of green
brown speckles and stem

how was one to know
within you was a gem?

Pretty

Pretty

Pretty Pear

sweet are your juices
splashing onto my hair

the deeper I bight
more of the earth I taste

gushing delight
but what is this earthy aftertaste?

within you a chrysalis
within you a cocoon
within you had been a caterpillar
within you a mother's womb

I lament to have eaten you
I lament to have tasted you
I lament to have mistaken you
for a deform-ed seed...

You would have become
Gaia's interweaving
Gaia's macramé ...

with pairs of wings
to fly and flutter

a sight on my eyes
to caress
like bread under butter

you did not say a word
you were so still

you would have been a silky bird
the taste on my teeth is shrill

forgive me would be butterfly
forgive me would be moth

I shall dream of you in flight
I shall dream of your host's delight

My Pear Coccoon,
rest in peace
good night.

Chevalterre Nabil
15 Aug 2013, 2a.m.

0 comments: