THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
 photo 037ee7a4-d708-43f2-adb2-41b8de8629db_zpsd9a07806.jpg

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Demonic Allergies

By Chevalterre Nabil via KLRabstracts

Slam poetry performed by Karla w/ a 'K'

Sept 2011


(read with Southern accent - optional)


I am Allergic to

Ethnicism and Racism


Not sharing the proper terms

to translate for better understanding


Claims of

'We're not catering

to That kind of audience.'


My heart sinks

I lose the will

to pluck my strings


As much as you

want me to entertain

The group has been falling apart.


Half of us make That

kind of audience.


I am Allergic

to Narcissism


Trying to

use my name and title


Called me 'jealous'

for having

invited you,

included you

with the team.


Suckin' up to me

with vast (lots of) nourishment


poisoning my blood

with tons

and tons

of butter.


follow me,

haunt me,

yell at me,

and taunt me.


Suckin' out my good blood

I get diabetic symptoms


Our acquaintance

More than fell apart.


Expect me

to fail

... always asking

'What's Wrong?'


Never answering my calls


for when

it's necessary

to clear the air.


Each moment (every time)

you step into the room

The buttered up lies

(just) Make me sick.


I am Allergic to

empty word-isms

Neglect


I show up to the meeting

& you're shootin' the breeze


I pick up somebody's slack

end up chasin' you down

for a mere $6.50 salary!


I wait for attendance...

I work on marketing propaganda...


I wait

with the ethnicist

who favors the narcissist


feeding me

Poison


draining my good will

the good blood


I'm on the verge

of unloading

all the bad news,

all the drama

on You...


Then I receive

your message...


'I Promise!'


You haven't (ain't even) been present (here)

for over one (a) week


The projects

have been falling apart!


I care no more

to wait astray

at a lonely table

centered in that gallery

of oblivion.


Skepticism

is my antidote


My silence

My neutrality

My personal strength


Can drive you nuts!


Should you perssist

in putting me or anyone down


Assuming the worst


I can get you

the antidote

for that Pessimism.


Though (but),

Not without

Passing through

the oracles


of the grandiose

Karma

and

Dogma!


When you are strong


You'll learn

to trust

and Love

yourself


So Unconditionally


That when

we reunite,


We won't

recognize

one another. (each other.)

0 comments: