THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
 photo 037ee7a4-d708-43f2-adb2-41b8de8629db_zpsd9a07806.jpg

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bonita Little Cockatiel

A memoir written by KLRabstracts before Chevalterre Nabil, in 28 July 2005.
This poem is dedicated to "Bonita", the family's pet bird. She'd passed on at 0630 on 27 July 2005.
**
----------
**
Our little bird
Our little friend
You were with us
until the end
**
You befriended us
distracting my mother
from her garden
**
I met you while
atop the kitchen table
you were hoppin'
**
We fed you bread crumbs
until you pooped
**
My mother's linens
stained and gooped
**
You needed a home
Grandpa got you a cage
**
We gave you accomodations
You sure didn't smell like sage
**
We called you "bonito"
(sometimes pajilolo)
We thought you were pretty
and a male too
**
We were so ignorant
after seeing
you could lay an egg
...ooh!
**
You were my best friend
for only with me
you'd chirp and dance
**
Whenever I'd pass
you'd caw and prance
**
You wanted to fly
we'd drprived you
of space
**
And trusting me
you perched on my hand
with such grace
**
Clicking and knocking for snacks
Tortillas and pancakes
with you we shared
**
And the doggie just waiting
as your snacks fell
to eat them, he dared!!
**
So much love was shared
I am sure you left
**
But now bits of our hearts
will melt
**
No longer will you
whistle along with the sirens
bark with the dog
**
nor will you
chatter with the crowd
or climb up on your log
**
Remember when
you'd caw the syllables
of my name
**
Each morning
you'd play that
cute little game
**
Blaming the dog
for your mess of bird feed
"wow-wow-wow-wow-wow!"
**
Now he looks for you
wondering,
"She's gone? but how?"
**
We shall solemnly miss
your spunky plumage
and lush, red cheeks
**
And when dad whistles
I'll remember how you'd
sing along with sweet peeps
**
Fairwell our feathered friend
**
Aurevoir my petite and pretty bird
**
Where another cockatiel calls
**
Yours will certainly be heard.
**
**
**

Photobucket

0 comments: