THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
 photo 037ee7a4-d708-43f2-adb2-41b8de8629db_zpsd9a07806.jpg

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Military Drug

by Karla/KLRabstracts before Chevalterre Nabil

20 June 2005


*previous publication on Virgogray Press' "Valium" Anthology

and June 2009 issue of Fever News - El Paso, TX' first gay magazine/newspaper.


14


JOINED THE ROTTEN OL' TIN CANS

a. k. a. R. O. T. C.

drills & drills 7 the comaraderie.

I love it

Do I get enough of it?

I'm failing Pre-Cal & Chemistry

So's I quit & keep the chloroforms.


19 1/2


RECRUITED MYSELF INTO THE NAVY

they call me a squid

a shellback I'll become

I love it

Goin' from green to blue

I'm losin' weight, keepin' in shape

2 to 3 hours a day to skip the lunch plate.


19 3/4


GET FLOWN TO THE GREAT MISTAKES

a.k.a. Illinois' Great Lakes

cold & windy

I love it

El Paso my home? What's that?

Service week in the galley washin' dishes & racks

A L. A. chola didn't watch my back

So's I broke my back. Can I make it?


almost 20


GOIN' ACROSS THE STREET TO N.T.C.

finally graduated B.T.C.

I'm completely lost

I love it!

So's I make out by the lake

& freestyle dance with a date.


20


EARNED A 2-WEEK BREAT & VISIT THE FAMILY

they told me they were improving?

I hate it!

they just keep on fighting

So's I party

'till my next duty station


still @ 20


FLOWN TO JAPAN, LAND OF MACROSS & SAILORMOON

nothing but colorful manga & anime

I love it!

because I can drink

KAMPAI!

So's I learned in Yokosuka

there's no concept of zero.


21


I'VE BEEN TO RUSSIA, CHINA, KOREA,

Singapore, Bali, Guam, Australia

I love it!

can't get enough of it, love.

So's I shop & drink & dance my liberty away

bust my arse 'till I hurt my back again.


22


I'M NOT THIN ANYMORE

the pounds I've gained -- galore!

I've been pushin' the Xenedrine!

gettin' my Anthrax & Percocet!

So's I shake in my sleep

Motrin's tasteless candy &

Black gum has Nicotine?

I used to not smoke!


22 1/2


SURVIVED SEEIN' WRITE & JOHNSON'S

live amputation...

because of 2, 4, 6, 8 -

thousand mistakes

We don't appreciate.

So's I shake in my sleep & dream of healing

I loved those guys

& hate that they're gone.


23


ONCE A MONTH, LEARNIN' TO DANCE SEXY SALSA

sleepin' with nice rich European men

I love it

get too much of it

So's I wanna find love

in the land of the crimson sun.


24


MY EX-BOYFRIENDS WANT ME BACK

I feel so outta wack!

I loath it!

Cannot stand it! ...

They can't love me...

So's I get peshed off my wankin' knickers...

So's I go ride horses cause they're

such good kickers -- Wooh!


24 3/4


SINKIN' LIKE ARSE

have no privacy? no liberty!

Everyone wants a piece of me...

I HATE IT

GONNA LOSE IT!

So's I stop:

... I forgot to jump overboard

I have 3 months left...

there is life after death.


25


BEEN BACK HOME

"Hell Paso" they call it.

I love it.

I missed it

So's I get some jobs

pay the bills.


26


WORKIN' FOR THE MINIMUM

these easy skate jobs & teenagers

call 'em careers?!

I'm bored

needing a challenge

So's I sign up for the Guard -- HOOAH!


26 1/2


LOSIN' WEIGHT, KEEPIN' IN SHAPE

It's too damn easy!

... but wait!!


I just turned 27

I'm in Kentucky's Ft. Knox

can't even go to the 7-11


I could run in El Paso

My body's in shock

I feel like a fatso


Recruiters & MEPS deprived me of training

I am in numbing pain

Pills & drugs come pouring down like raining


Lord Almighty

what have I done?

A WAR inside me

has begun!


Green to Blue

Blue to Green

there are some differences

I have seen.


Only one thing

just won't change:


That "Military Drug"


YOU LOVE IT

YOU WANT IT?


I won't be a hypocrite

tell you to not join

this is only

a fraction of my story


So's all I can say is,

"Getcha Some!"

0 comments: